The SPIDER GUIDE -- I am trying to expand my efforts to the other 49 states, and I can use your help. If you have found me or Michigan Spiders helpful, Please consider heading over to my new site, The Spider guide and adding it to your bookmarks, clicking the G+1 icon at the top left, or clicking on follow.... or whatever you are comfortable with. The more who even look around the site, the higher it will rise up the search engines for more people in other states to find it.

I am looking for someone who is experienced with placing items like insects inside of clear resin paperweights. I would someday like to encase a Brown Recluse and a Black Widow. At this time I do not have the spiders, nor do I have the money, but I would like to find someone who has the ability to do a professional job and learn what the price would be for when I am ready. If you have this experience and would be willing to do it, please email me and let me know your price.

Please scroll down to reach the current Article for this page.

Spiders verified to be here in Michigan are listed on the left sidebar. On the right sidebar, are the spiders of which pictures have been sent in to me.

MICHIGAN SPIDERS - The BOOK
Michigan Spiders (Ebook version) is available at Smashwords for only $3.99 and at least at this time, is more complete than this site. It has more spiders and shows pictures for more species of spiders.

Once it becomes available at other stores (including the printed version at Amazon) I will update this posting.

NOT IN MICHIGAN? Thats okay! If you have a spider you want identified, and you are not from Michigan, or even America, please send the picture to me through my new (still in progress) site's email. Visit the Spider Guide for information.

VERY IMPORTANT
Contrary to what most people believe, the Brown Recluse is NOT indigenous to Michigan. However, if you have reason to believe you have found one, DO NOT discard it alive or dead! I can only uncover about 4 confirmed sightings ever in Michigan. A sighting cannot be confirmed without positive identification and this will take more than just a picture. Whether you catch it alive or kill it, please take pictures and send them to me. If I agree it is the Recluse, I will help you have it identified professionally. You can find the email where to send it, below.

My Disclaimer

My Knowledge and Why I am Not an Expert

Spider Questions and IDENTIFICATION Requests
My EMAIL can be found in the above link. I am always happy to help identify a spider, but please do us both a favor and read this before emailing me. Thanks.


Describing your Spider

Photographing your Spider


Your Fear of Spiders


Dealing with Spiders in your Home

Please keep in mind that I am a very busy person. Between my family, my job, my books, and Michigan Spiders, there is often not enough time in the day. The lack of free time makes it very difficult for me to put any real time into updating this site, and I am sorry for that. I do try to keep up with emails during the warm months, but please be patient if you do not hear back from me within a day or two.

FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT
.....

Beyond Spider Dome
A clear plastic dome (well it is more of a cylinder really), where two spiders are released to face each other in a fight to the death.

Spiders and Drugs
Documentary video about the effects different drugs have on spiders.

Play with a computer spider (Flash)


For a little better understanding of the body parts of the Spider, please refer to our Spider Diagram.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Michigan Spiders - New Look

Well i hope you like the new banner and logo for Michigan Spiders. When Karri Klawiter bought Michigan Spiders, the Ebook, she noticed right away that the cover could be so much better. Being a Graphic Artist, and a very good one in my personal opinion, she emailed me and offered to create me a new book cover image for Michigan Spiders free of charge. Simply because she loves spiders, appreciated the book and site and most of all, she has a heart of gold.

Well she sent me the new cover image, which I am extremely happy with, and to my surprise, she also sent me a Banner image for the site as well as a few others I will display in the future.

Here is the new cover for Michigan Spiders the Ebook....

Michigan Spiders Art by: Karri Klawiter

I have re-submitted the Ebook with the new cover image and it is now available.

If you are interested in seeing more of Karri's work, visit her site at http://artbykarri.com/

Oh yeah, if you are interested in buying Michigan SPiders, the Ebook, you can find it as well as my novels at the following places....

Smashwords

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Amazon .... At this time, Michigan Spiders is NOT available at Amazon. I am working on that. However, you can still find my other books there.


Please feel free to leave a comment with your opinion of the new image.

3 comments:

  1. How can I contact you about a spider I found?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have very large spiders on my balcony. In relation to a quarter they have grown to as big, and bigger. I have a picture I would like to send you to help ID them. They are also nocturnal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a former Michigander who now resides in ohio. When we moved here in 1990's I was mowing the grass with a push mower near a creek on the edge of woods. This tarantula looking spider jumped on my lawn mower ran across the top a ran in front of the mower till it disappeared into the woods. I have a serious fear of spiders so I assumed that in my fear I imagined that this thing was bigger than my hand. Flash forward, I'm a dental hygienist and was talking about this horrible spider bite my patient was recovering from at work. Turns out his place of employment was a door factory across the street from where I saw my spider. He informed me that on a regular bases the wood planks from South America have the biggest spiders he's ever seen smashed between them. Every once in a while one is alive and a few have escaped. In 25 years he's worked there there have been about 10 unconfirmed bites and one fatality due to infection!!!

    ReplyDelete